Tequila Chorizo And Lime MusselsFrom gagliardo 7 years ago
- 4 Cups Prince Edward Island mussels-breads removed shopping list
- 2 Ounces extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Spanish chorizo sausage-cubed into small pieces shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon onion-fine diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic-fine chopped shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno-deseeded and fine diced shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 Each lime and juice-quarter lime shopping list
- 2 Ounces tequila shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter-cold shopping list
- To Taste Fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- 1).To Make Mussels:
- Heat large pan or stock pot over high heat and add olive oil until starts to smoke, add mussels, and toss to coat with hot oil, cover and steam for 1 minute. Remove Cover and add chorizo, onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, salt and pepper, toss to coat, cover and steam for 1 minute. Remove cover and squeeze lime juice into pan and put limes into the pan as well, then add tequila, butter, toss to coat, cover and cook until all mussels are open, discard any that do not open.
- 2).To Make Sauce:
- Remove pan from heat and with a slotted spoon remove all the mussels from pan and place in a large serving bowl and cover to keep warm. Place pan with juices back on the stove over high heat and cook until sauce slightly thickens and reduces by almost half, add the cilantro or oregano and stir.
- 3).To Plate:
- Remove cover from mussels and pour sauce over the mussels, serve with grilled rustic Italian bread that has been rubbed with garlic.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- gagliardo Mooresville, NC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgagliardo Mooresville, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!