Chocolate Zucchini CakeFrom jcahel 6 years ago
- 1 and 3/4 c whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c low-fat vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 1/3 c canola oil shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 c shredded zucchini shopping list
- 2 c semisweet miniature chocolate chips, divided (MUFA) (divide 3 cups of chocolate chips, if you are a serious advocate of chocolate) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 11" x 8" baking pan with cooking spray
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Whisk in the zucchini and 1 to 1 ½ cups of the chips. Stir into the flour mixture just until blended. Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining 1 to 1 ½ cups chips over the cake. Spread with a small spatula as they melt to form an icing, placing back into the warm oven, if needed, for about 1 minute.
- Nutrition Info Per Serving (1/12 of cake): 361 Cal, 5 g pro, 47 g carbs, 17 g fat, 4 g fiber, 175 mg sodium
The Cookjcahel Hereford, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!