Asparagus and Provolone Stuffed Chicken BreastsFrom ashleyzeckman 4 years ago
- 3 medium sized chicken breasts shopping list
- approx 10-12 stalks of asparagus shopping list
- 4 slices provolone cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup breadcrumbs ( I like the corn flake crumbs) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 1/4 c lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Steam asparagus in a pot of water for 2 minutes
- Slice the asparagus in half lenghtwise so you have thin pieces
- Place the chicken breasts in a sealable plastic bag.
- Pound the breasts as flat as you can.
- beat one egg in a bowl and add salt and pepper to it
- put breadcrumbs into a separate bowl
- mince garlic
- remove flattened chicken breasts
- put equal amounts of cheese, and asparagus on one edge of breast.
- roll up and fasten with a toothpick
- dip chicken into egg mixture
- then into breadcrumb mixture
- repeat for each chicken breast
- place evoo in the bottom of baking pan (casserole dish works the best)
- add garlic
- place wrapped chicken breasts over garlic.
- bake for 25 minutes
- bring butter, chicken stock and lemon juice to a simmer. add 1/4 c flour and whisk until reaches desired consistency.
- drizzle gravy over chicken breasts.
The Cookashleyzeckman Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!