Black Forest Pudding CakeFrom sufia 4 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups hot water shopping list
- 1/4 cup kirsch (cherry-flavored liqueur) or 2 tablespoons shopping list
- water plus 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- cherry pie filling shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add milk, melted butter and vanilla extract; beat until smooth. Spread into an 8-or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Combine hot water and kirsch; pour over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 15 minutes; spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top.
- Serve with cherry pie filling.