Chocolate CakeFrom mel_yates 4 years ago
- This is the First Mixture shopping list
- 1/2 cup of Crisco shopping list
- 1/2 cup of butter shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup of White sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 3 eggs, save the whites shopping list
- 1 cup of cold water shopping list
- 1/3 cup of tomato puree shopping list
- This is the Second Mixture shopping list
- 2 1/4 cup of Swans cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of cocoa shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of salt shopping list
- 2 cups of buttercream frosting shopping list
- Strawberries; washed and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl add the crisco and butter and melt it in the microwave.
- In a seperate bowl take the reserved egg whites and mix with a mixer until white stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients together from the first mixture and set aside.
- For the Second Mixture
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Then pour the second mixture into the first mixture and blend well.
- Pour into a greased and floured cake pan, you can also use two 8 inch rounds if you like.
- Bake for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven, you need to check it after 30 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Garnish with the strawberry slices.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- mel_yates Grundy, VA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmel_yates Grundy, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!