Simple Chicken Noodle SoupFrom suiiki 7 years ago
- 1 or 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 pkg wide egg noodles (500-700 grams is best) shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, washed, peeled, and sliced shopping list
- 1-2 cups of fresh broccoli (This is a good way to get rid of the broccoli stalks that no one really likes) washed and cut into bite-size pieces or a little smaller shopping list
- 2-3 sticks of fresh celery, washed and cut into "Moons" shopping list
- Various other vegetables, including some frozen veggies, if desired shopping list
- 1 carton of chicken broth (900 mL or thereabouts) shopping list
- water as needed shopping list
- thyme shopping list
- parsley shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- basil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and fully cook it.
- In a large pot, combine broth, chicken, all vegetables, and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-60 minutes (the longer you cook it, the better the spices will cook down, and the better the soup will be.) You may need to add water to the soup, especially when bringing it to a boil.
- The noodles should be soft, as should the vegetables. This is not a time for au dente egg noodles. I find that trying to leave the noodles a little firm doesn't work with the soup. Also, not allowing the spices to cook down leads to a less-than-spectualr soup every time.