Coconut Filled Strawberry CakeFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 package strawberry cake food cake mix shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries with juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar sifted shopping list
- 4 teaspoons milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg whites and almond extract on high until frothy.
- Gradually add sugar beating to soft peaks.
- Stir in coconut and flour mixing gently but thoroughly.
- Combine cake mix, yolks, whole egg, water, strawberries and oil then beat 2 minutes.
- Pour half the batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Spoon filling over batter in a ring in pan without touching sides of pan.
- Cover with remaining batter then bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
- Cool 25 minutes in pan then remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- Combine all glaze ingredients adding just enough of the milk to make a smooth consistency.
- Spread over top of cake letting it drip down the sides.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!