Healthy And Delicious Sweet Potato KugelFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- Kugel Base: shopping list
- 6 small sweet potatoes, grated shopping list
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and grated shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt (sea salt is best) shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups water shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups pecan halves, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Pinch of ground cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch of ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together (except for the topping), then press into a large glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together topping ingredients and set aside.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove and cover with topping mixture.
- Return to oven for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
I assume this is like a casserole of sweet potatoes and fruit? Love the addition of meat in it!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Jewish Food Lovers99 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together133 members
Good For Your Soul Food29 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
Pass The Potatoes100 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
An Apple A Day30 members
Feeding A Crowd38 members
A Fruity World45 members