Sweet Potato StewFrom markpedal 4 years ago
- 3 large sweet potatoes (cut into 1" thick cubes) shopping list
- 2 cans vegetable broth or consommé shopping list
- 2 small cans tomato paste (I use Meijer Organics) shopping list
- 3-4 handfuls of assorted veggies shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms (quartered) shopping list
- 1 large onion (diced) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic (minced) shopping list
- salt & pepper per your taste shopping list
- flour for thickening shopping list
How to make it
- Made in a 4 quart crock pot.
- Combine broth & tomato paste in a crock pot, mix well, pre heat.
- Pre-cook the sweet potatoes until just tender, add to crock pot along with the onions and any raw veggies that you may use. I used kernels cut from 1 fresh corn on the cob and approx. 1 cup of fresh green beans from a local food stand, (use veggies of your choice) Add enough water to cover and cook on low for as long as you want, (I let it cook for about 6 hours)
- Add quartered mushrooms for about the last 1 hour or so. Thickened it with a bit of flour, let it cook another 15 minutes uncovered. Salt & Pepper to taste. I also added a healthy dash of Mrs. Dash.