Russian Salad OlivierFrom lina7484 5 years ago
- 500g (or Medium sized) beef without bones shopping list
- 1 red onion shopping list
- 4 medium sized potatoes shopping list
- 4 carrots shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 can of medium sized pickled gherkins shopping list
- 1 can of garden peas (Green Giant) shopping list
- 1 medium bottle of mayonnaise shopping list
- bay leaves, black pepper, cardamom, and salt shopping list
How to make it
- Boil some water in a pot, about half the pot.
- Clean the meat and add it to the boiled water.
- Remove meat residues, then add bay leaves, black pepper, cardamom, and salt.
- Peel the onion, cut it in two halves and add it to the boiled water.
- Leave the meat until it's cooked or for 45 min.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots, and add them to the boiling water with the meat, leave them until cooked but not too soft (vegetables taste better when cooked with the meat).
- In another pot, add the eggs and some salt, then boil them in some water for 10min maximum (salt is added to the eggs to stop them from breaking).
- After the potatoes and carrots are cooked, take them out on a tray and let them cool down.
- When the eggs are cooked, get rid of the boiled water and add cold water on them quickly to cool them down (cold water helps peel eggs faster), peel them and cut them into small cubes.
- Cut the carrots, potatoes, pickled gherkins, and meat into small cubes.
- Drain the peas from its water and add them to the mix.
- Add some salt to the salad and mayonnaise.
- Mix and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Served cold.