Chicken and Banana Egg Roll AppetizerFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 1 large whole chicken breast shopping list
- 2 large firm bananas shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons flour mixed with shopping list
- 2/3 teaspoon Cold water to make thick -- paste shopping list
- 4 egg roll wrappers shopping list
- 3 cups oil for deep-frying shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation: Halve chicken breast; lay one half flat and slice through it horizontally. Repeat with other half. Use rolling pin to roll breast meat pieces into very thin slices. Brush lightly with sesame oil. Peel and cut bananas in half to yield two round sections about length of chicken breasts. Beat eggs with milk.
- Wrap thin piece of chicken around section of banana; dredge with flour;
- dip in egg mixture. Roll wrapped banana in egg roll wrapper, tucking sides of wrapper as you roll. Seal end of wrapper with flour paste. At this point, you can cover and chill or freeze them until ready to deep-fry.
- Deep-frying: Heat deep-frying oil in wok until bubbles form around a
- bamboo chopstick held upright in center of oil. Deep-fry until light
- brown; drain.
- After rolls have cooled slightly, slice into 1" sections. Serve.
- If not serving right away, refry rolls briefly to recrisp, then slice and serve.