Game Hens with Apple JuiceFrom nancerose 5 years ago
How to make it
- Remove poultry necks and giblets and reserve for other uses, if desired. With poultry shears or a knife, split each bird lengthwise along one side of backbone. Place birds, skin side up, on a flat surface and press firmly, cracking bones slightly, until birds lie reasonable flat. Rinse birds, pat dry, and place in a large heavy-duty plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, combine apple juice, lemon juice, oil, and seeds. Pour into bag over birds. Seal bag securely, rotate to distribute marinade, and place a shallow baking pan. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until next day, turning bag over several times.
- Lift birds from marinade and drain briefly (reserve marinade). Arrange birds, skin side up, on a lightly greased grill 4 to 6 inches above heat of grill.
- Cook hens until meat near thighbone is no longer pink; cut to test (30 to 40 minutes). During cooking, baste birds with marinade and turn often.
- Makes 4 servings
People Who Like This Dish 1
- nancerose Longlac, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!