Chicken Vegetable Rice DishFrom chefwannabeone 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup brown rice shopping list
- 11/2 Cups water shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon cooking oil shopping list
- 3/4 Cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Boneless, skinless chicken Breast shopping list
- 2 Small or 1 Large carrot shopping list
- 1 Bunch green onions shopping list
- 1 Small apple shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon whole cumin seed shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander seed shopping list
- 1 Pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan place 1/2 cup brown rice in 11/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 30 min. or until water is absorbed and rice is done.
- While rice is cooking , cut boneless skinless chicken breast into small bite size pieces.
- Place 1 teaspoon cooking oil in a wok or frying pan and stirfry chicken until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Peel and slice carrot into 1/4 inch coins and set aside.
- Slice the white part of the green onions upto the green part into coins and set aside.
- Peel and core small apple and chop fine. Set aside.
- In the same wok or fry pan place cooked rice, carrots, green onions apple and cooked chicken.
- Add 3/4 cup chicken broth and spices. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and turn down heat and simmer for 15 to 20 min... or until carrots are desired doneness.
- If mixture is looking like it is dry add more chicken broth a little at a time.
- You might also want to check the seasonings and add more to your taste.
- You may also want to add more cayenne pepper to your taste.