BorschtFrom nancerose 9 years ago
- 2 large onions shopping list
- 3 good sized carrots, diced shopping list
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely shredded cabbage shopping list
- 3 cups beets, peeled and shredded shopping list
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dry dill weed shopping list
How to make it
- Cover 2 - 3 lbs soup bones with 4 quarts of water. Skim then simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours until meat falls off. (Chicken, beef, pork). Discard bones, cut meat into chunks and set aside.
- Add onions, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, and beets. Simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- Add peas, salt, pepper, vinegar and dill weed. Simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Makes about 12 cups. Pass sour cream if desired.
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!