Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon CakeFrom modelsmom 5 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk or chocolate milk shopping list
- 2 T canola, peanut, or walnut oil shopping list
- 1 T vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup smooth or chunky peanut butter (natural or hydrogenated) shopping list
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3 T unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water shopping list
- vanilla ice cream for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir until well-blended.
- Continue stirring, in widening circles, incorporating the dry ingredients, until you have a smooth batter.
- Stir in the peanut butter (warm it in the microwave if it's too thick).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the clow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cocoa and sugar, pour in the boiling water and whisk until smooth.
- Gently pour over the batter in the cooker, do not stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until puffed and the top is set, 2 to 2 1/4 hours.
- Turn off the cooker and let it stand, covered, for at least 30 minutes before serving.