MarinadeFrom mercymarie 7 years ago
How to make it
- rinse off boneless skinless chicken breast
- pour half of the bottle of marinade in the freezer bag
- place 5 or 6 pieces of chicken in the bag with the marinade
- remove as much air from bag as possible and seal closed
- place in freezer until the day you want to cook it
- when you are ready to cook, take out to thaw that morning, leave in sink or on towel on counter
- place chicken and a small portion of the marinade in large pan on stovetop
- cover pan and let cook on medium for about 10 minutes
- turn chicken and stir marinade in pan about every 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through
- after chicken is done cooking, place the rest of the marinade from the bag into the pan on medium low and constantly stir until it becomes bubbly and a soupy texture - this cooks all the bacteria out of the marinade and reduces it down to be used on chicken
- Feeding a large family on a tight budget this really was a money and time saver! I would hit up a sale at the store for the chicken, get several different flavors of marinade and take it home and prepare all the chicken in bags. This gave me almost an entire weeks worth of meals that all I had to do was take out and let thaw through the day. There is something about the freezing the chicken in the marinade which gives it an intense flavor when it's ready to be cooked. I usually serve on a green salad or plain rice to even out the flavors.
The Cookmercymarie Lebanon, TN
- Not added to any groups yet!