Low Cal Coffee and Banana BreadFrom senseappeal 5 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups flour (I usually use 1 cup of white flour and 3/4 c. of whole wheat flour) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 oz of espresso shopping list
- 1 cup really ripe (ie. the blacker and mushier the better) mashed bananas (~3 bananas) shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk (I usually use skim, but any will do, even soy milk) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Optional: vanilla extract (1 tsp), cinnamon (1 tsp). If you like it “spicy” add 1 tsp ground ginger, ½ tsp nutmeg and ½ tsp ground cloves. shopping list
- You can also add chocolate chips, nuts (walnuts are best!---just grab a handful, crunch it up and throw it in), flax (1-2 tbsp), etc shopping list
- Also, my latest trick is adding 1-2 tbsp of Chia Seeds (aka Salba) to about ¾ c of water and letting it “gel”…. Then add the chia gel to the wet ingredients……this adds fibre, protein, omega 3s and also makes it super moist without the added fat. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grab 2 bowls.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl w/ a whisk.
- Mix all wet ingredients (banana, milk, egg, vanilla extract) in the other bowl w/ a whisk or spoon.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl w/ the dry ingredient and use a spatula to gently mix them together (try “folding” it in). Be careful not to over mix.
- Spray a loaf pan w/ cooking spray (make sure it’s not garlic flavoured cooking spray!)
- Bake for 50 minutes
- ENJOY guilt-free!
The Cooksenseappeal Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!