SOFT FISH TACOSFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- Sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup crema mexicana* shopping list
- Batter and fish shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper shopping list
- 1 cup dark beer, room temperature shopping list
- 13/4 pounds halibut, cut into 5x3/4-inch strips shopping list
- 1 lime, halved crosswise shopping list
- 12 white corn tortillas shopping list
- vegetable oil (for deep-frying) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
- bottled hot pepper sauce shopping list
- For sauce: shopping list
- Mix all ingredients in bowl; season with salt and pepper. shopping list
- For batter and fish: shopping list
- Whisk flour, salt, and pepper in bowl; pour in beer, whisking until batter is smooth. Let stand 15 minutes. shopping list
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Squeeze some lime juice over each strip. Let stand 15 minutes. Mix fish into batter. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200 F. Heat skillet over medium heat. Stack 2 tortillas. Sprinkle top with water. Place in skillet, wet side down. Heat 1 minute. Sprinkle top with water. Turn stack over; heat 1 minute. Transfer stack to large sheet of heavy-duty foil. Repeat. Enclose tortillas in foil. Place in oven.
- Pour oil into medium skillet to reach depth of 1 inch. Attach deep-fry thermometer; heat oil to 350 F. Slide 4 fish strips into oil. Fry until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer fish to paper-towel-lined baking sheet; place in oven. Repeat.
- Fill each warm tortilla with 2 fish strips. Top with sauce, cabbage, tomato, squeeze of lime, and dash of hot pepper sauce.
- *Cultured Mexican cream with a slightly nutty flavor and consistency of thin sour cream.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- Not added to any groups yet!