Ground Lamb TacosFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, preferrably coarsely ground and fresh shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt or Greek all-purpose seasoning (optional) shopping list
- 1 lb ground lamb shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup diced onion (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (vegetable oil will do if you don't have olive oil) shopping list
- flour tortillas shopping list
- 10 oz Ro-Tel or pico de gallo (diced tomatoes will do if Ro-Tel and pico de gallo aren't sold in your area. Get plain or pepper & onion, NOT Italian style.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- whole jalapenos (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the dry seasonings in a bowl. The measurements do not have to be exact. I just measure by estimation and it turns out great every time.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium to medium high heat, then cook the onions for about a minute.
- Add the ground lamb, break apart with spatula, and add the spiced from step 1. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. It takes maybe 5 minutes to cook.
- Serve with tortillas, Ro-Tel, cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos. (The jalapenos are to be eaten separately, not wrapped in the tacos.)
- For extra deliciousness, butter (or spray with butter Pam) the tortillas and heat the stack of them in either a microwave or oven. They need to be wrapped with foil and cooked at 200 while the meat cooks if you use the oven. The microwave is quicker and easier, but the oven tastes better.
- Suggested sides:
- fruit cocktail
- refried beans
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- Not added to any groups yet!