Fennel - Carrot ConfitFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, halved, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (get the zest before you get the juice) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F
- In a large baking dish, toss the fennel with the carrots, olive oil, lemon juice, zest, thyme and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables evenly in the pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 2 hours. The vegetables should be very tender.
- Warm a 10 - 12 inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the vegetables and their juices and cook, stirring gently until slightly browned, about 8 minutes per batch. Put in a warm serving dish; garnish with minced fennel fronds, if desired.
- LindySez Party Tip: The carrots and fennel can be prepared and baked up to 2 days before. Place covered in the refrigerator; finish by frying them prior to serving.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!