Green Chile Enchiladas With Southwestern ColeslawFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- Enchiladas shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive or canola oil, divided use shopping list
- 3 dozen corn tortillas, white or yellow shopping list
- 1 small diced yellow onion shopping list
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup sliced black olives shopping list
- 2 cans (4 ounces) green chiles shopping list
- 2 medium cans of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 roasted chicken, skin and bones removed, and shredded shopping list
- 1 bag (12 ounces) Mexican-blend cheese shopping list
- Optional: Garnish with cilantro and diced tomatoes shopping list
- coleslaw shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 bag of shredded coleslaw shopping list
- 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in medium saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, dip tortillas, one at a time, in the oil for about 10 seconds, then place on paper to drain excess oil.
- In another saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium-high. When hot, saute the onion and mushrooms until onion softens or becomes translucent. Add olives, green chiles and soup and saute for about 2 minutes, or until all ingredients are hot. Add shredded chicken and mix well. In a 9 1/2- by 12 1/2-inch casserole dish, layer first chicken-chile sauce, a layer of corn tortillas and then cheese. Repeat three times, making sure to finish with the layer of cheese on the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until tortillas are tender.
- While casserole is baking, make coleslaw. Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, honey and caraway seeds. Pour mixture over slaw and mix in the chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To garnish the casserole, top with diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro.