Soda Cracker PieFrom hungrybear 5 years ago
- 3 large egg whites, beaten until stiff shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 14 soda crackers, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 pkg. instant no-sugar vanilla pudding shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups 1% or skim milk shopping list
- 1/2 of an 8 oz. container whipped topping shopping list
- 10 oz. pkg. strawberries or raspberries, thawed & drained shopping list
How to make it
- CRUST: Preheat oven to 350° F
- Beat egg whites until quite stiff to make meringue. Then slowly fold in sugar and vanilla. Add finely crushed crackers, baking powder and walnuts, and carefully fold into egg whites. Spread evenly in a greased 9" pie plate. Bake for 30 minutes (or slightly less depending on your oven). Set pie plate out to cool completely on rack. It will shrink some.
- Beat pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Fold in the whipping topping, followed by drained berries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating3 people
My Ganny called them sodie crackers. Had not thought
about these pudding pies in a while. The saltiness of the crackers set off the fruit flavors. Of course see used the yokes to make the pudding. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
My Grandma used to make this also! and she also used the yolk to make the pudding too!
high 5!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Sorry!! was thinking of something my Grandma also did, but it was to something else she made lol!! i was gonna mention it here, but it would not taste good with this recipes lol!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!