Chicken Orzo SoupFrom thursamaday 4 years ago
- 1 Breast of chicken shopping list
- 1 Box chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 1 red pepper shopping list
- 2 stalks celery shopping list
- 1 Large carrot shopping list
- cumin (to taste) shopping list
- salt & pepper (to taste) shopping list
- 3-4 Leaves Fresh Basil* shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic shopping list
- 2 TBSP cornstarch mixed with equal amount cold chicken stock* shopping list
- (* optional) shopping list
- *Top with parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Begin to Boil water for Orzo Noodles in a large Pot
- Chop: Pepper, Celery, Onion, Carrot & Garlic
- Sweat in a little oil: Onion, then add Celery, Carrot, Garlic & Red pepper
- *Season with Salt & pepper
- Once vegetables are almost ready: I pushed them to the side added a little oil and cooked chicken *seasoned with Pepper, Salt & Cumin.
- Once outside of chicken is cooked: I pulled it off, cut it into smaller pieces and returned it to the pan.
- Add half of the stock to the pan, and let simmer.
- Once Orzo is done cooking (about 18 minutes) remove excess water [we used the lid method as orzo is too small for our colander]
- Add chicken and vegetables to orzo in pot.
- Add remaining Stock, Fresh Basil, more Cumin to taste
- Heat & add cornstarch mixture to slightly thicken.
The Cookthursamaday Victoria, Canada
The Rating2 people
Sounds very flavorful and absolutely delish. I like the way you do the chicken too. Never used orzo, but other starchy foods in soups break down a bit and exude thickeners in the broth. (I just put on a nice warm sock. soup weather is here!!) tha...morettaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
Nice soup!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!