Lamb and Mushroom RisottoFrom maryleigh 4 years ago
- 8 oz risotto rice shopping list
- garlic to personal taste shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped shopping list
- 8 - 12 oz leftover cooked lamb, chopped shopping list
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 1.5 pints stock shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- oil for cooking shopping list
How to make it
- Gently fry chopped onion and pepper until soft but not brown, then put into a dish.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of oil to pan and heat, add the rice and cook for 2 minutes stirring to stop the rice sticking.
- Start adding the stock gradually, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, add more stock as it is absorbed.
- When nearly all the stock is absorbed return the onion and pepper mixture to the pan and stir in, then add the last of the stock.
- When the mixture is bubbling stir in the chopped mushrooms.
- When the last of the stock is almost absorbed test the rice to see if it is cooked, then season to taste. If the rice is still a little firm add a little water and cook until the rice is ready.
- Serve by itself or with a green vegetable.