Twice Cooked PorkFrom davik 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb pork, I use pork loin, trimmed of fat shopping list
- 1 green onion shopping list
- splash rice wine shopping list
- 2 slices ginger (about 5 mm thick) shopping list
- 2-3 cabbage leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 carrot, julienned shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced shopping list
- 3 T oil shopping list
- dried chiles to taste (optional) shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 3 T sweet soy bean paste shopping list
- 2 T hot soy bean paste shopping list
- 3 T soy sauce shopping list
- 3 t sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the pork with the wine, ginger and green onion for 10 minutes (boil as long as 30 if using a tougher piece of pork). Remove from the water, cool, and slice thinly.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the chiles until darkened.
- Fry pork slices for a minute
- While frying mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the garlic, cabbage and carrot to the wok, and cook for another minute or two.
- Remove from the wok, retaining the oil. Fry the sauce in the oil for 10 or 20 seconds, then return the other ingredients, toss, remove from heat and serve.
The Cookdavik Lansing, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!