Tuna PateFrom captnjack 6 years ago
- 1 can imported oil-packed tuna, drained shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Put the tuna in a food processor and pulse to break up the fish.
- With the machine running, add the butter, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce and blend until smooth.
- Then stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the processor bowl. Add the lemon juice and pulse again.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper and blend again. Check the seasoning, then add the heavy cream and pulse to blend.
- NOTE: Be careful not to over blend once the cream is added or the mixture may break.
- Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days. If refrigerated, return the spuma to room temperature before serving.
- Serve with breadstick, crostini, or crackers to spread it on. Also excellent served with champagne.
The Cookcaptnjack Port Charlotte, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!