Beef and Vegetable SoupFrom sosousme 6 years ago
- 1 pound chuck roast, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 3 carrots, peeled, halved and sliced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced (use some of the leaves) shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (canned is fine) shopping list
- 1 quart low-salt beef broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- Pinch dried thyme shopping list
- Pinch dried oregano shopping list
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley,(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, combine the meat, onion, celery, tomato, beef stock, water, thyme and oregano; bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, then simmer 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is very tender. Add the potatoes and peas; continue to simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until the potato is tender. Taste and adjust seasonings. Ladle soup into warmed bowls and top with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Per Serving: 475 Calories; 19g Fat (7g Sat, 8g Mono, 1g Poly); 36g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 450mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!