Beef Short Rib StewFrom frenchskitchen 7 years ago
- 4 lbs. beef short ribs, trimmed shopping list
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes, scrubbed and scored shopping list
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 large onions, cut into thick wedges shopping list
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) beer or non-alcoholic malt beverage shopping list
- 8 tbsp. FRENCH'S® spicy brown mustard shopping list
- 3 tbsp. FRENCH'S® Classic worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water shopping list
How to make it
- BROIL ribs 6-inches from heat until well-browned, about 10 min. Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker. Place ribs on top of vegetables.
- COMBINE beer, 6 tbsp. mustard and 2 tbsp. Worcestershire. Pour over all. Cover pot. Cook on high-heat setting for 5 hours (or 10 hours on low setting) until meat is tender. Remove meat and vegetables with slotted spoon to platter; keep warm.
- SKIM fat from broth. Pour broth into saucepan. Whisk cornstarch mixture into broth and simmer 2 min. until thickened, stirring often. Stir in remaining 2 tbsp. mustard and 1 tbsp. Worcestershire; heat through.
- SERVE gravy with meat and vegetables.