Chocolate BrowniesFrom philfull 5 years ago
- BROWNIE LAYER shopping list
- 1/2 cup or 113g unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 113g chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup or 250g white sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup or 70g flour shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- cream cheese LAYER shopping list
- 227g cream cheese at room temperature shopping list
- 1/3 cup or 65g white sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
How to make it
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 180 degrees.
- Line a 9x9 inch (23cm square) baking tin with aluminum foil across the bottom and up two sides.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time beating well each addition.
- Stir in the flour and salt until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Place all but 1/2 cup (set aside) of the batter into the prepared tin.
- Next prepare the cream cheese layer-
- With a hand mixer process the cream cheese. Add the sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth.
- Spread the mixture over the brownie layer. And swirl the remaining set-aside mixture to make it look pretty.
- Bake for 25mins (in my oven, exactly). Or until the brownie starts to pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and place onto a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate the brownies until they are firm enough to cut into squares. Use a sharp knife.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a several days.
The Cookphilfull Auckland, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!