Chocolate Peanut Butter CupcakesFrom sabrinarose 4 years ago
- Cupcakes: shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- Reese’s mini peanut butter cups, halved shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line or lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and butter. Add the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the yogurt and beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and top with a halved Reese’s mini peanut butter cup.