BBQ Beef BrisketFrom scortworkz 5 years ago
- 3-4 pounds beef brisket shopping list
- Rub ingredients: shopping list
- 4 tbls Course ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tspn lemon pepper shopping list
- 1 tspn garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tspn mustard powder shopping list
- 1 tspn thyme shopping list
- 1 tspn rosemary shopping list
- 1 tspn oregano shopping list
- 1 tspn white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all rub ingredients in a bowl, and mix completely. Rub on all sides of brisket(top, bottom, and sides). Place brisket in a large freezer bag, and let stand in the refridgerator overnight(10-12 hours).
- Prepare smoker using approx. 20-25 charcoal briquettes. Maintain a temp of between 225 and 250 degrees F for 8-10 hours, adding charcoal as required. Cook until meat has reached an internal temp of 170-175 for a med- med well temperature. I use a mix of Cherry and Maple woods, but you can get creative. After meat is at temp, let stand for approx. 15-20 minutes, to allow juices to redistribute. Slice as thin as possible, pile onto a Kaiser bun, slather with BBQ sauce, and enjoy your labours!!! Use a drip pan if you want to make your own sauce, I usually skip this process.
The Cookscortworkz Kitchener, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!