PUMPKIN ANGEL FOOD CAKEFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1 package ( 16-oz ) one-step angle food cake mix shopping list
- 14 Tbs. reduced-fat whipped topping shopping list
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven at 350.
- 2)In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fold a fourth of the batter into pumpkin mixture. Gently fold in the remaining batter. Gently spoon into an un-greased 10-inch tube pan. Cut through batter with knife to remove air pockets.
- 3)Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350 for 38 – 44 minutes or until top is golden brown and cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour. Run a knife around sides of cake and remove to a serving plate. Garnish each slice with whipped topping; sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Serving size: 1/14 of pie
- Calories per serving: 151, Fat: 1g, Sodium: 264mg, Carbohydrate: 33g
- Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating2 people
great cake pumpkin a plus high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it