Chicken SatayFrom piggypie 5 years ago
- 4 skinless boneless breast portions shopping list
- marinade shopping list
- 2 cloves crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 in piece finely grated ginger root shopping list
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp clear honey shopping list
- satay sauce shopping list
- 6 tbsp crunchy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- juice of one lime shopping list
- 4 tbsp coconut milk shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Make the satay sauce. Put all ingredients into the food processor and blend til smooth. Check seasoning. Add more lime or salt if needed. Cover and set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts into 4 long strips each.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well. Add chicken strips. Toss well until well coated. Cover for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator. soak 16 wooden satay sticks (or kebab skewers) in water.
- Preheat grill or broiler to high. Drain sticks or skewers. Drain chicken. Thread one strip of chicken on each skewer. Grill for 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with satay sauce.