Apple Topped Pork LoinFrom lisamariecr 5 years ago
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. carraway seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground mustard shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. rubbed sage shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 lbs.) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- Apple Topping shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped, peeled tart apples shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. ground mace shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients; rub over the roast.
- In a large skillet, heat oil; brown the roast on all sides. Place on a rack in shallow baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Combine the topping ingredients; spread over the top of the roast.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
The Cooklisamariecr Hanceville, AL
The Rating4 people
I have tried applesauce over pork but never apples. Got to give this one a whirl. Sounds delicious!!!bjrice3 in Hanceville loved it
Good onehungrybear in Miner loved it
Delightful sounding! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it