Cantonese sauce spare ribsFrom jaw 7 years ago
- 750 grams Spare Ribs chopped into single ribs. shopping list
- oil to deep fry shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons Light soy - seasoning shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon salt - seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar - seasoning shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine - seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper - seasoning shopping list
- 70 grams worcestershire sauce - Sauce shopping list
- 210 grams tomato puree - Sauce shopping list
- 70 grams HP Fruity brown sauce - Sauce shopping list
- 70 grams Coleman's Fruity OK Sauce - Sauce shopping list
- 300 grams white sugar - Sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Cantonese sauce.
- For the sauce add the sauce ingredients into a storage container and mix thoroughly. DONE!!
- In a large pan add 2 liters of water and bring to the boil.
- In a mixing bowl add the ribs and seasoning ingredients and mix thoroughly. Leave to marinade for 10 mins, the longer the better.
- Add the ribs to the boiling water and boil for 1 hour reducing heat to medium.
- After 1 hour remove the ribs and drain completely leaving to cool.
- Once drained and cooled heat the oil to high to deep fry. Testing the oil by adding a small piece of bread, if it rises quickly and bubbles steadily then the oil is ready.
- Add the ribs to the oil and deep fry for 30 seconds and remove.
- Add the ribs again for 10 seconds and remove and drain.
- Heat a wok to medium and add enough sauce to coat the ribs, once the sauce has heated, add the ribs and toss in the sauce then serve.