Vegetable Rice Beef SoupFrom markpedal 4 years ago
- 1.5 lbs of roast beef, cooked, (dry rub marinated) shopping list
- 2 Cups of beef broth (I prefer Meijer Natural) shopping list
- 2 Cups of hot water shopping list
- 2 Cups of cooked Natural brown rice shopping list
- 2 Cups of mixed frozen veggies (you can easily substitute fresh) shopping list
- 2 Medium onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Ripe tomato, skinned and diced shopping list
- 1 6 Oz. can of tomato paste (I prefer Meijer Natural) shopping list
- 2 garlic gloves finely minced shopping list
- 2 Tsp fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 Tsp of fresh chopped sage shopping list
- 1 Tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp celery seeds shopping list
- Fresh chopped chives for Garnish shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the cooked roast into 1/2" sized pieces.
- In a crock pot, add the beef, broth, onions, bell pepper, tomato, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, sage, oregano, celery seed, cayenne pepper. and salt & pepper. Let it get to a boil. (on high setting)
- Once it starts to boil, add the rice, frozen veggies and enough hot water so that crock pot is full of liquid, about an inch below the top, and turn to low.
- Slow cook for 2 - 4 hours, until meat is very tender. Adjust seasonings, salt and pepper, to your liking,
- Top each bowl with the freshly chopped chives.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- markpedal Nunica, MI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmarkpedal Nunica, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!