Stuffed Porkchops with Apple amp Walnut StuffingFrom chicka 5 years ago
- 6 porkchops, at least 1 1/2 inch thick, boneless shopping list
- 2 large apples, tangy variety intended for cooking, your choice shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sage shopping list
- 1 package seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- Veg or extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- corn starch shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add minced garlic (reserve one clove) and diced apples (reserve about 1/4 an apple). Saute until apples are almost cooked through.
- Add sage, season with salt & pepper
- Add butter & 1 cup of chicken stock, mix well and then add breadcrumbs to make stuffing. Remove from pan.
- Slice porkchops almost all the way through and stuff with stuffing. Season with salt and pepper
- Saute about 4 to 6 minutes on each side until golden brown
- Transfer to a large baking pan, placing chops around the outside of the pan and placing any leftover stuffing in the middle.
- Bake at 350 for about 5 to 10 minutes, until pork is cooked.
- In the skillet, saute the remaining minced garlic and diced apples, add last cup of chicken stock and thicken with corn starch. Season if needed with salt and pepper.
- Serve porkchop with extra stuffing, covering both with garvy.