Apple Pie PancakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) butter shopping list
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon shopping list
- A grating of fresh nutmeg shopping list
- 2 baking apples such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and sliced shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder shopping list
- A pinch of salt shopping list
- Crème fraîche or whipped cream for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the butter in a large ovenproof skillet (cast iron works well)
- over moderate heat.
- Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the apples and saute until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Pour over the apple mixture and bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven until puffed and golden, about 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Top with crème fraîche or whipped cream if desired.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Ah the wonderful Pannekuken, use to make these in a pannekuken Resaraunt when workedin Oklahoma theyre fantastic great post thanks many 5s if were possiblemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
The Breakfast Club442 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Breakfast Recipes124 members
Family Favorites141 members
Pancakes And Waffles64 members
Breakfast Craze69 members
An Apple A Day30 members
A Fruity World45 members
Cast Iron Cooking99 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members