Healthy Delicious MeatloafFrom lilacdell 7 years ago
- 1 lb ground chicken (lean) shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 grated zucchini (skin on of course) shopping list
- 2 grated carrots (leave skin on after a good scrub) shopping list
- 1 very finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 grated sweet potato or yam shopping list
- 1 grated parsnip (optional) shopping list
- 2 Stalks finely chopped celery shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or 2 slices of bread cut in pieces and soaked in a bit of milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- a few good dashes of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all with a potato masher or your hands in a big bowl until it comes together.
- Separate into two meatloafs, form and place side by side in a casserole dish, but not touching each other.
- Bake for about an hour at 375 degrees.
- If you want, pour a glaze made from 1/2 cup of ketchup mixed with 1/2 cup of brown sugar over top of meatloaves for last ten minutes of cooking.
- Let stand 10 mins before slicing into delicous pieces!
- Goes great with mashed potatoes!!
The Cooklilacdell Hamilton, CA
The Rating2 people
Very tasty, nice texture. I ended up using onion, garlic, celery, red bell pepper, carrot and mushrooms (as that is what I had) for the veggies and my wife really liked the veggie hit. Will make this again.webdude in Plymouth loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!