PECAN CRANBERRY MUFFINS DIABETICFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 ½ cups cranberries fresh or frozen chopped shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups sugar substitute ( Equal or Equivalent )or sugar, divides shopping list
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 4 ½ tsp. baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- ½ cups margarine or butter shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup 1% milk shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 Tbs. grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 400.
- In a bowl, toss cranberries with ¼ cup sugar substitute; set aside. Combine flours, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar substitute. Cut in Margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans, lemon peel and cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 for 20 – 25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Diabetic Friendly.
- I modified this recipe to be Diabetic Friendly.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Bake Sale126 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb122 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Quick And Easy26 members