Pecan Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Cream Cheese and BroccoliFrom lisamariecr 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped pimento shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese shopping list
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- To Make Broccoli/Cream Cheese Filling: In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat the lemon juice, butter or margarine, garlic, basil and pimento until butter or margarine has melted.
- Add the 1 cup pecans, broccoli and onion and cook until broccoli is tender; then add the sour cream and cream cheese and mix all together until smooth.
- Let cool, cover and refrigerate to chill for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the broccoli/cream cheese filling in the center of each chicken breast, roll up, tuck in sides and fasten with toothpicks.
- Put the egg beat in a shallow dish or bowl, and mix the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup pecans together in another shallow dish or bowl.
- Dip the chicken rolls in the egg, then in the pecan mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and saute coated chicken rolls in skillet until well browned on both sides, about 2 to 4 minutes each side.
- Place browned rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and chicken meat is white.
- Serve with a small portion of leftover broccoli/cream cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooklisamariecr Hanceville, AL
The Rating5 people
luv the flavor combo here high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I like the fact that you saute the broccoli with the other great flavors.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it