No Apple Apple PieFrom lisamariecr 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roll out pastry and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar and cream of tartar.
- Add mixture to boiling water.
- Stir, then add crackers, one at a time.
- Boil for 3 minutes, but do not stir.
- Pour cracker mixture into pastry-lined pie pan.
- Sprinkle crackers with cinnamon and dot with butter or margarine.
- Cover with top pastry.
- Seal edges and cut steam vents in top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- May need to cover top pastry partway through baking to prevent overbrowning.