Pork Chops with Apples Sweet Potatoes and SauerkrautFrom lisamariecr 5 years ago
- 4 (1 inch thick) boneless pork chops shopping list
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Quickly brown the pork chops on each side.
- Set aside.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in the bottom of a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover with the onion slices, then the apple slices.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, nutmeg and salt over the apples, and grind a little pepper.
- Place the pork chops on top of the pile, and cover with sauerkraut.
- Cover, and cook on Low for about 5 hours.
- Serve pork and vegetables with juice from the slow cooker spooned over them.