Whipped Sweet Potatoes with PearsFrom lisamariecr 6 years ago
- 8 sweet potatoes shopping list
- 4 pears - peeled, cored and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake in the preheated oven 1 hour, or until tender.
- Peel the baked sweet potatoes.
- Place in a medium bowl and whip until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, gently cook the pears 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Process the pears in a food processor until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the evaporated milk, vanilla, brown sugar and butter.
- Heat until scalded.
- Blend into the sweet potatoes.
- Mix the pear puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange juice and pecans into the sweet potato mixture.
- Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
The Cooklisamariecr Hanceville, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!