Summers Green Chile StewFrom glitterskin 5 years ago
- 1/2 lb. ground pork shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs. flour shopping list
- 1 Tbs. garlic salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 1/2 Tbs. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 can French onion soup shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, one chopped and one diced shopping list
- 1 c. carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1 c. fresh corn (or 1 can) shopping list
- 2 medium summer squash, sliced shopping list
- 1 c. fresh green chile; roasted, peeled, and chopped (or 2 cans canned green chile shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy pot, brown ground pork in oil. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add flour, garlic salt, cumin, and oregano cook for 5 minutes stirring often so as not to burn.
- Pour in French Onion soup and scrape bottom of the pan to loosen the brown bits. Add potatoes, carrots, and 5 cups of water. Boil 10-15 minutes.
- Add corn, squash, green chile and water to cover if needed. Simmer 10 minutes until squash is tender.
The Cookglitterskin Albuquerque, NM
- Not added to any groups yet!