CROCKPOT DRESSINGFrom levalee 6 years ago
- CROCKPOT DRESSING shopping list
- 3 pkg. Martha White yellow cornbread mix, baked and crumbled; Jiffy is good too. shopping list
- Sauté: 2 C. chopped onion, shopping list
- 1 C. chopped green pepper, shopping list
- 1 C. chopped celery in a small amount of butter, about 3 tablespoons. shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 flat can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1 C. grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 1/2 to 3 cans chicken broth, I believe a box is 2 cans.. shopping list
- sage or poultry season to taste, about a teaspoon, salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- _____________________________________________________________ shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients in a Crock pot, stirring well and cook on high 5 hours.
- Mixture will appear quite soupy but will firm up when allowed to sit for a few minutes.
- I usually stir it a couple of times while cooking because I can't help it. I plug the Crock pot into an outlet in the garage or laundry room and forget it.
- You can easily add a few biscuits or slices of bread if that is your usual recipe. Don't be put off by the cheese and green chilies; no one but you will know they are there; they just add flavor and depth. This is an amazing recipe that I've used for about 15 years. It makes Thanksgiving and Christmas much easier and frees up a spot in your oven.
The Cooklevalee Alvarado, TX
The Rating3 people
I am always on the 'Look-Out' for interesting
recipes~ The flavor combination
in this "5"FORK!!!!! sound delicious~
I hope that You will be
my 'Food Friend'?
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Sounds delish...I've been making my dressing in the crockpot for 2 yrs now, and love the convenience of it. Really like the chili/cheese additions too, have to try it! Great post, thanks!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Sounds yummy!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!