Hungarian Sponge CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
How to make it
- Use a light hand when preparing this recipe to prevent unecessary defaltion of the batter
- Place rack in middle of oven and heat to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 13x9-inch pan and line with parchment.
- . Combine eggs and sugar in stainless-steel bowl or stand mixer bowl.
- Place over (not in) a simmering pot of water on medium heat, whisking constantly, until eggs are warm to the touch and sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute.
- . Using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer or electric handheld mixer on high speed, beat until the egg-sugar mixture has tripled in volume, about 3 minutes.
- . Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and salt. In two additions, sift the flour-cocoa powder-salt mixture over the egg-sugar mixture, carefully folding it in so as not to deflate the batter.
- . Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake about 12 minutes or until the center springs back when lightly pressed.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan 3 minutes.
- . Run a knife around the edge of the sponge cake to loosen it.
- Then cover the pan with a sheet or parchment paper and another baking sheet and invert the sponge cake.
- Lift off the 13x9-inch pan and carefully peel off the parchment paper.
- Let cool completely.
- use as desired for this basic sponge cake recipe
- Search the Net for somloi galuska recipes of which sponge cake is the base of this fantastic dessert
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Quick N Easy122 members
HUNGARIAN HOMECOOKING104 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Eastern And Southeastern European Flavors43 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members