Creamy Chicken Pasta with Spinach and TomatoesFrom juneybug76 4 years ago
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 10 3/4 oz. can chicken broth (or more if you are making a lot) shopping list
- 1 9 oz pkg. cream cheese (I used the light kind) shopping list
- 1 9 oz pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp. pepper shopping list
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half or 1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil, then cook pasta according to the directions on box.
- Slice chicken breasts into approximately 1" cubes. In a large skillet, heat half the can of chicken broth and chicken cubes, turning pieces with a slotted spatula for 5 to 7 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add cream cheese, spinach, remaining half can of chicken broth, garlic, salt and pepper. Heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, until cream cheese has melted. Add cherry tomato halves and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until tomatoes are soft. Add a little sugar if needed and add parmesan cheese to thicken if needed.
- Toss the drained pasta with chicken and vegetable mixture. If desired, sprinkle this dish with parmesan cheese, according to taste.