Sugar-free Lite Lemon PuddingFrom celiac_ceahow_martine 6 years ago
- 2 lg eggs shopping list
- 1 T liquid sweetener (or powdered sweetener equivalent of 1/2 c. sugar) shopping list
- 10 level stevia-spoons of powdered Stevia shopping list
- 4 T. arrowroot shopping list
- 2 c. buttermilk shopping list
- zest of one whole lemon shopping list
- 1/3 c. lemon juice (usually, the juice from the lemon you grated, above, plus a little more) shopping list
- 1 t. butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, whisk eggs to blend.
- In a 2- to 3-quart pan, mix buttermilk with sweetener and arrowroot, then set the mixture over medium heat and stir often until simmering, 10 to 12 minutes. Continue simmering, stirring often, 2 minutes longer.
- Whisk half the buttermilk mixture into the eggs, then return both to pan, along with lemon zest, lemon juice, and butter. Whisk over medium-low heat until pudding reaches 160° on an instant-read thermometer and very thickly coats a spoon, 4 to 6 minutes; do not boil.
- Spoon pudding into bowls or heatproof glasses. Serve warm or cool.
- CEAHOW Note: 1/2 of this recipe contains 1 serving of protein, 1/2 serving of fat, and 1 daily allotment of arrowroot.