Spiced Chocolate Cupcakes With Orange GanacheFrom sabrinarose 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup orange marmalade shopping list
How to make it
- Spiced Chocolate Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line or lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, ground clove and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Stir in the flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Orange Ganache:
- Using a food processor, pulse chocolate into small bits. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chocolate and add orange marmalade. Mix until smooth. If ganache is too thick, thin with a little cream or milk.
- Frost cupcakes and top with orange sprinkles or orange-colored sugar crystals.